If you’ve never stayed in a serviced apartment before, here are some useful ‘frequently asked questions’ that might answer some of your queries.
1. Why should I choose a serviced apartment? – A serviced apartment is somewhere between a hotel and your home – it’s ready to move into and start living for however long you need it. Water, electricity and gas are included in the price, bedroom and bathroom linen is provided, the kitchen is fully equipped and ready to start cooking, the cushions are plumped, it’s sparklingly clean and everything is in full working order. It really is like home from home.
2. Are they fully furnished? – Yes they are fully furnished with beds, settees, coffee tables, dining tables and chairs – everything you need to make your stay comfortable.
3. What does a typical apartment look like? – Apartments vary depending on the number of bedrooms, but typically they all have a living space, bedroom, kitchen and bathroom. Please do look at ‘about us/ photo gallery’ on the website.
4. What happens if I need a child cot or high-chair – Can you provide these? – Yes, if you tell us at the time of booking we can provide both.
5. Is it more expensive to stay in a serviced apartment compared to a hotel? – They are often cheaper if you take into account the extra charges that hotels add onto your bill when you check-out – hotel laundry, restaurant, room service and the mini-bar. With a serviced apartment, you have the flexibility and facilities to do both your cooking and laundry as and when you need it – which in the longer term is much more economical.
6. Do you provide a cleaning service for apartment? – During your stay we will come in once a week (on the 8th day after arrival) and clean all the rooms, change the bedroom and bathroom linen and of course, if there are any maintenance issues during your stay just let us know and we will get them sorted whilst we are there.
7. Do you provide bed linen and bathroom towels? – Yes, all linens and towels are included during your stay and changed weekly.
8. Do you supply any toiletries in the bathroom? – Yes, we supply a small amount of bath toiletries. Useful to get you through a few days of your stay.
9. How long can I stay at a serviced apartment? – You can stay for one night or six months – or even longer – we’d be delighted to have you stay with us for as long as you need to.
10. Can I extend my stay if my circumstances change? – You can extend your stay if we have availability to do so. If we don’t have availability to extend your stay in the apartment you’ve been staying in, we’ll try our best to accommodate you in one of our other apartments.
11. Do I have to pay for Wi-Fi? – A Broadband Internet connection is provided free of charge at all locations. There is no charge for normal use, as described in our Fair Usage Policy.
12. Do you have a television in the apartment – Yes, with a good selection of local and SMART television channels available.
13. Do I pay a charge per person or per night? – A charge per night will be quoted to you based on the length of your stay and number of people staying.
14. Can I cook in the apartment? – Yes of course. We provide a fully fitted kitchen with utensils, cutlery, crockery and pots and pans so you can feel at home. It’s important to stay somewhere that is flexible and a serviced apartment can make you feel more at home and relaxed. You can purchase food and drinks in a nearby supermarket and cook whenever and whatever suits you. For corporate clients this can also mean they can invite colleagues to their apartment to hold ad hoc meetings or just to socialise. It will certainly be cheaper on the pocket and company expenses to eat in, even if occasionally.
15. Is there a dishwasher in the apartment? – Yes, there is a dishwasher in each kitchen, which helps make things a little more convenient for your stay.
16. Can I request any essential shopping to be purchased and put in the apartment before I arrive? – We’d be more than happy to do this for you. Just tell us the bits you need and we’ll make sure they are in your apartment upon your arrival and anything needing to be refrigerated will of course be put away to keep nice and cool.
17. Can I have more than one work employee in a serviced apartment? Yes – our serviced apartments can sleep more than one person, this can be ideal to have work colleagues sharing.
18. Are washing/ laundry facilities available at each serviced apartment? Yes – we have washing machines/ dryers and iron and ironing boards. You can travel lighter knowing you have access to laundry facilities in your apartment.
19. Do you allow smoking in your apartments? – We have a no-smoking policy throughout all of our apartments and so we would request you uphold this at all times.
20. What time can I get access to the apartment? – We can give you access from 2pm on the day of arrival. There may be an additional charge applied if you require an earlier check-in time. Please refer to the ‘terms and conditions’ on our website for further details.
21. Do you have any apartments with parking access? – Yes and a parking permit is available for your stay if you request it at the time of your booking.
22. Will I be met upon arrival? – We give you two options here: The first option is that you can collect the keys from a local collection point close to the apartment. You can let yourself in and of course you can phone us if you have any problems once you’re in the apartment. We will send you the key code number if you choose this option so you can get the keys yourself. The second option is for us to meet you upon arrival. We’ll hand over the keys and you can of course ask us any final questions whilst we are with you.
23. How can I pay? – We offer several different payment options – please refer to the ‘terms and conditions’ section of our website for further details.